We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who knows how to manage overlapping projects, keep track of deadlines, and efficiently use their time. So…can you juggle?
This is your opportunity to become part of an innovative, high-tech manufacturing company in the Mid – Hudson Valley.
We are a rapidly growing company seeking a full-time Supply Chain Specialist. The qualified candidate will be a strong analytical thinker, who is persuasive and good at negotiating. In order to achieve success, you must take initiative and be able to identify opportunities for improvement in ways that others cannot. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a challenging, fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The selected individual must also demonstrate the ability to take ownership and be accountable through individual actions and teamwork, continually working toward the goal of improving processes and efficiency. This position requires building and continually strengthening positive relationships with our internal and external customers.
This is an excellent position for someone who is eager to learn and grow with our company.
Full-time position Monday Through Friday
After successful completion of 90 day introduction period, benefits include 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, 2 weeks of vacation after 1 year, and more.
Responsible for overseeing sourcing, planning of purchased parts, handling of sub-contracted operations, supplier development and expansion, OTD and quality. All orders are to be secured at a cost, quality and delivery standard consistent with Schatz Bearing Corporation and performance objectives.
- Identify and qualify new suppliers providing the following services: multi-spindle screw machining, heat treating, CAD and ZiNi plating and other processes (sub-contracting, manufacturing, distribution, etc.) as required.
- Close coordination with manufacturing to assure timely execution of product.
- Work with customer service, production, and logistics group to provide accurate lead-times and due dates for all purchased components and services.
- Immediately communicate any changes in purchase order due dates to affected personnel in manufacturing and sales.
- Secures and analyzes quotations.
- Determines supplier with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with supply base to minimize impact of increasing costs by using various ordering methodologies as appropriate.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to department and company goals.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management, negotiates prices and delivery terms.
- Coordinates as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
- Continuous improvement to Purchasing methods for reduction of inventory, cost and lead-times.
- Manage Quarterly Supplier Scorecards.
- Provides reporting, as required, on supplier metrics, cost savings, lead-times, supplier meeting documentation, etc.
- Assist Quality Department to ensure a rapid resolution of non-conforming material received from suppliers
- Update ERP system with lead-time, pricing, delivery dates and any changes to supplier as necessary.
- Assist the planning function to improve the purchasing and planning performance of existing ERP system
- Support internal customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Remains current on all Controlled Document levels.
- Mentors and guides staff to meet professional and company goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of progressive responsibility in purchasing and materials control in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Supplier sourcing and negotiations.
- Experience in a “low volume/high mix” manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Microsoft® Excel, Access, Word).
- High initiative and excellent work ethic with a “hands on” approach to problem solving.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Some travel required.
To apply to this position please click here
Schatz Bearing Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.